Friday, December 23, 2011

On the Eve of the Eve.....

I've been sending thoughts and prayers to family in Christchurch, they were hit with four earthquakes yesterday, most of the repairs that the city and residents have been making since the February one are now gone. My heart breaks for the city and I wonder what the future holds for this beloved city. Kia Kaha Christchurch!

So, on the eve of the eve, shopping is complete, presents are wrapped and tucked under the tree, oh what a relief. And I have to admit that I've never felt more at ease than presently, I've not let a thing bother me. I typically get all anxious and worked-up during the holidays, but I'm actually enjoying everything around me, it is a nice change. Part of me thinks it is because the weather has been so mild lately and typically I get a nice helping of seasonal depression, but the weather has been great.

I've also realized that I am only responsible for my feelings, no one else is and I can choose to hold on to hurts and grudges or let it go. And granted I'm still working on all of this, but I realize that life is too short and I need to focus on the people that are around us versus those who choose not to be a part of our lives while at the same time not being a doormat. I'm not going to apologize for the sake of apologizing. Negative attracts negative and positive attracts positive, therefore I am living in the positive.

On another note I am however, beginning to lose my voice, some days are worse than others, but I'm hoping it won't last long. Although, I'm sure my kids would probably enjoy me not talking or telling them to pick up, pick up, tidy your room. Though I was getting some weird looks as the store clerk was ringing up my groceries, made me conscience enough to say, "I'm losing my voice" as I wanted to say, go suck it pixie head.

I've also been trying to swear less in front of the kiddies, I have a horrible potty mouth sometimes and lately the kids will point it out when I say a bad word, so I've been trying my best.
I didn't tell them I was thinking of substitute words and we were heading to school and the parking lot of the school drives me up the wall, so I blurted out you silly turtle ducker and the kids looked at each other and then roared with laughter. I decided these substitutes were much better.


"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” - Dr. Seuss

No comments: