Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mom's Night Out...

Monday night is just as good as any night for a mom's night out....I was invited to get some dinner and enjoy some drinks with a friend and her friend, whom I had not met before.
It's always a little unnerving meeting other women, especially when you don't them and I think it is because for the most part, we've been brought up in asociety where females tend to compete with one another. I enjoyed hanging with these women because sometimes when you get in a group of different women, somewhere in the conversation negative stereotypes pop up, self-criticism comes in or other negative attitudes arise and what I found was none of those popped up in our conversations. It didn't become a "bitchfest" at all and not that all girls night turn into that, it was just refreshing.
And what a great night it was...it wasn't too long before the stories started to go around, lots of laughs, and even some swearing was tossed around. It was a great evening and it was great to be surrounded with such empowering women. I was just grateful to enjoy the night for what it was. I don't get out for many "Girls or Moms" nights, not because I don't want too, but it seems our schedules are so busy that I can't make it and often what results is people stop asking, but as I was thinking this morning, I realized I really need to make more time for those evenings. I didn't realize how much I miss it till now.....

Thank you ladies for including me in your night!


"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass." - Maya Angelou.



No comments: