Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My boy is 9....

I simply can't believe my wee man is 9 years young - he is such a joy and I'm so thankful he's mine. He is so full of laughter and is so considerate of everyone. I'm so proud of him and who he is growing into.
He has been so excited to turn 9 and I asked him, "do you feel any different?" to which he said, "Mommy, I do, I already feel just a bit older." I had to laugh.
It reminds me of when he was about four years old, I would say "bub, how'd you get so smart and he would look at me and shrug and then I would say, how'd you get so handsome and he would smile and say, "showers."
I love his generous nature and I love how he still wants to hold my hand, but he did warn me that one of these days he will be too old for it and I said, well then let's just enjoy today.
And what I love most his how infectious his laugh is - we had a mommy/son date and we were out and he started laughing at something and I was trying to be serious and I couldn't hold it in and started laughing hysterically, which made him laugh more. He's definitely my wee man and I hope his birthday is great!






"Sons are the anchors of a mother's life. - Sophocles

No comments: