Saturday, March 21, 2015

Stuck

I've been stuck this last month, I was meditating regularly and stopped and can't seem to get back into it and I'm just stuck in this melancholy state. I sometimes go through depressed phases and I find myself in one and the harder I try to pull myself out, I end up in a cycle. I feel angry that I can't get out of it and then guilt for feeling this way when I know that I shouldn't because I have so much to be happy and grateful for. And it is not that I'm not happy because indeed I am, it's just once in a while, I find myself stuck, but I can typically pull myself out in a week. It's been a month and I end up holding everything in and push those closest to me away.  It fucking sucks because rationally I know I shouldn't feel this way and yet, I can't help but feel like I'm alone.
We put an offer for a lot in and they accepted and we close next week, I'm excited, but my husband got upset with me because my emotions didn't express the excitement he felt and it's not that I wasn't excited. I just feel numb and so I told him that I was struggling and we talked. I know he is there for me and I appreciate it so much, but it's hard for someone who has never dealt with depression to really understand and comprehend how difficult it can sometimes be.
There are so many things going on in our lives right now and I think that is partly the issue, I am overwhelmed and feel as if I'm not giving my best to all of my relationships and projects, which leads me to feel exhausted, unhappy and stretched. And I get upset because the harder I feel we work towards a goal, something happens and we get pushed back further, which then makes me even more angry, upset, and left feeling like I've somehow fallen short or not done the best that I could.
It's frustrating and I heavily debated about even sharing this, but I feel like I share so much, so why should I hide that yes, I'm having a difficult time at the present moment.

I know this will pass, I remind myself that sometimes we have to face the darkness to remind us how beautiful the light really is.

"We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most. People try to bottle up their emotions, as if it's somehow wrong to have natural reactions to life. " - Collen Hoover





No comments: