Friday, March 13, 2015

She's turning double digits

I can't believe my sweetpea is 10, it seems so crazy that many years have passed. When she was born, I can't tell you the number of people who would say "enjoy these moments, it will be gone before you know it," and I would just smile because in those early moments it was hard to understand how I could possibly enjoy those moments when my sweetpea was colicky - four hours of straight crying!
I definitely don't miss those, but looking at this little girl before me, it's hard to comprehend that its been 10 years.
She's growing - she asked us the truth about Father Christmas this year and as much as I want to hold on to her and keep her my baby, I know that as we all grow, so must she and I've got to learn to slowly let go. She is independent, stubborn, sassy, full of imagination, and has a sparkle I can't quite describe. I see her growing and questioning everything and I must adjust and grow with her because when I look at her, I see who I want to become and that has always been the case. My children make me a better person.
Although, I will always see my little baby when I look at her - I'm proud of the young lady she is becoming. Happy Birthday Sweetpea!


Happy Birthday! I love you always and forever my baby you'll be! 

"The more a daughter knows the details of her mother's life....the stronger the daughter." - Anita Diament

No comments: