Well it has been one week since we've had our chicks and they are two weeks old - I'm rather shocked at how they have grown in one week, but then again they should be full size in another four to five weeks.They are rather easy going, but I have been changing their bedding twice a day even though we read that you should change it once a week. They are still inside and I don't want my house smelling like a farm, so that is one reason why I change it so often. We got the fencing for our backyard and some wood to make the coop....I found a really great coop plan, but the hubs doesn't like, so I think we will go with something else. It's been fun so far, the kids are still being great helpers and the chicks are getting use to hearing us and getting picked up. They still get a bit skittish, but not nearly as much as they were, when we walk into the room, their little necks stretch up to see us...it's kind of funny.
Anyway, just wanted to post an update of our chicks....more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment