Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Beginnings

A lot has been going on the past couple of days...my little man has started his T-ball league and he is enjoying it, although even though it is a 5 and under team, I think he is the youngest. It is fun to just watch the kids.
I didn't have any submissions to my Random Acts of Kindness campaign, so there is no winner for my giveaway, but at least I have some goodies that I can give away or save it. I will say participating in this did make me look at things differently, for example my little girl's school sent out emails about teacher appreciation day and the school is doing a week's worth of activities, so I signed up to make dinner for my daughter's teacher one night and to bring in muffins on another day for the teachers. I'm not sure I would have done such a thing previously.

I start a new temporary position tomorrow, it is a project assistant. I will be helping with course development, working with subject matter experts, and pilot testing. I'm pretty excited about it. I will be busy and will have to manage my time wisely, but it will be nice to keep me busy and give me something extra to do as well as utilizing my new skills.

I was reading one of my favorite poems the other day, Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou and I was thinking of all the women in my life that have impacted me and just been a present force in my life and so I'm trying to plan a "Phenomenal" Ladies Tea Party just as a thank you to all the many different women in my life...however there are so many events going on, it will be hard. I would like to plan it before it gets unbearably hot, so I'm trying to look at June, but I have a feeling that I will most likely be pushing it out till August....hmmm...what to do......

"Now you understand Just why my head's not bowed. I don't shout or jump about Or have to talk real loud. When you see me passing It ought to make you proud. I say, It's in the click of my heels, The bend of my hair, The palm of my hand, The need of my care, 'Cause I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me." - Maya Angelou

No comments: