Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mommy, that's horrible.....

I tend to keep my news watching to a minimum and today, for some reason I had left the telly on and they were showing pictures of the oil spill, so my daughter asked what that was about. So, I tried to explain it to her, that this company was looking for oil in the ocean and the line burst and is now spilling into the ocean. She asks, "is it hurting the fish?" And I tell her yes, it is as well as birds and everything other animal and lifeforms nearby. We looked at pictures and I showed her the live feed that they have, she saw pictures of some dead animals and she looked at me and said, "Mommy, that's horrible."
About five minutes later, she runs up to me and says I've got it, I know how to fix it...so I ask her and she says, they need to think like a beaver and build a dam with sticks and mud, that will fix it and then they need to say sorry to all those animals that have died. I later thought, here she is at this young age trying to fix the oil spill in the Gulf Coast and so I later asked her again to explain it to me and grabbed the video, here is her explanation...

"A mountain is composed of tiny grains of earth. The ocean is made up of tiny drops of water. Even so, life is but an endless series of little details, actions, speeches, and thoughts. And the consequences whether good or bad of even the least of them are far-reaching." - Sivananda

No comments: