I follow Megan O'Dea's blog where she posts the most creative projects that she is working on and I saw one on repurposed cabinets, which she found from another blog, titled My Repurpsed Life, which is another great blog. Seriously, who knew the things you can do with extra stuff around the house. I thought the idea was great and new that it would be something I would want to do, the next time I came around extra cabinet door. Well that chance came sooner than I expected.
The hubby has added a section of cabinets in our kitchen and we left the top two open, so we didn't need the doors, I told my hubby about the project and we had left over chalkboard paint from my little's man room and we decided to try it out. We didn't do any embellishments and kept it simple, the hubby used lag bolts as hooks and I think it turned out great. We have another door that we may do for my sweet pea's room and I thought I would do add some ribbons and stuff to that one, but here are some pictures.
Picture of the lag bolts we used as hooks
Picture of the finished project....
Thanks Megan for your creativeness, it is always inspiring!
“A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip and worried to death by a frown on the right man’s brow.” — Charles Brower
1 comment:
Oh you are so sweet Dena, this just made my day to know that I inspired someone else! I really like how you used the bolts as hooks. Isn't it so satisfying looking at that amazing piece of useful wall art knowing you created it all with things you just have around the house? SO COOL!!
Post a Comment