Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Reunion in Planning.....

I'm super excited that a family reunion is in planning motion. Thanks to Facebook, I've reconnected with family I always knew existed, but really didn't know and 25 years ago, there was a family reunion and we have rekindled the interest to plan another.

It will be in New Zealand, next January, so it gives me time to save and get the kids passports in order.

I've offered my services, which will be limited since I am here and most everyone is there, but I'm sure there are a few things that I can do. If my parents and my sister go, it will be the first time since I was five that we were in New Zealand as a family. My parents have made a few trips back, I've made two with just my husband and I and my sister has not been back since she was a child, so I think it would be great if we could all go. For most groups of 10 or more, the airline is willing to give a group discount, so that is also a plus.

It will be exciting to see the planning come to realization as the closer we get. I wonder what activities they will have? The last reunion someone compiled a reunion yearbook, with everyone's names and pictures...I said that I would redo one and maybe save it on cd's or create a digital story of the family...not sure yet...ideas are stirring though.

Maori proverb: Ka mau koe ki nga kupu o ou tupuna - Hold fast to the words of your ancestors

No comments: