The other night the kids were knit picking each other constantly and bickering with one another. Now of course, this happens in a household with siblings, however, I was at my wit's end between the tattling and Mommy "he did," "she said" conversation that by the time the hubby came home I was maxed to my limit.
So, I locked myself in the bathroom and ran a piping hot bubble bath, lit some candles and simply relaxed. I could hear the kids outside the door, "Mommy, let me in...unlock the door." I cranked up my itunes and enjoyed the brief soak in the tub. Now, this is a simple pleasure and I hate to admit it, but it has probably been since we moved in 2007 since I have taken a "relaxing" hot bubble bath. I use to have them all the time whenever I was stressed, but it seemed I stopped after the kids. And by the time the day was done and kids in bed, I was tired, and there was no time for baths.
I really forgot how nice it was to slip into a nice bubble bath and just soak and it was a grand feeling, however, brief the moment.
I now understand the "Calgon take me away" slogan....so it got me thinking what are some other simple indulgences that I am missing?
“Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” Etty Hillesum
No comments:
Post a Comment