Sunday, February 13, 2011

Moving On

Keeping moving on Winter, the beautiful warmth and sunshine that Spring brings is near, especially today. Snow is melting fast and I'm starting to see patches of grass, the top of our snowman fell, and you can step outside without tensing your body because of the bone chilling temperatures.
The plans for the March parties are also moving along nicely. I'm still in the midst of the two birthday party planning, I've got the dates, but still working out activities and if I want to have the parties here or elsewhere. The kids do not want together parties and they continue to keep changing their themes, so I need to narrow it down. I think I've got most of the details worked out for the hubby's surprise going away party (he doesn't read my blog unless I actually show him a post and he thinks we are having a huge birthday party for both the kids because he will be gone) so I know I'm safe posting that.
And I'm trying to also move on regarding all the drama that took place several months ago. We still have not really talked and most likely won't, but it doesn't bother me anymore. When I was working out who to invite for the upcoming party, the thought of exclusion did occur and I had planned on doing so.Yet, the more I thought about it, it didn't feel right, this is not a party for me, it is for my husband. The party is not about me, so my personal feelings should be put aside and they will be. Will they come to either my hubby's or the kids parties, perhaps. Does this mean things will move on to some normalcy, probably not, but I think there will be enough people there that I don't need to worry about it. As most of the time, I will put a smile on my face, speak very little, and have fun with those I do get along with.

"Letting go doesn't mean giving up... it means moving on. It is one of the hardest things a person can do. Starting at birth, we grasp on to anything we can get our hands on, and hold on as if we will cease to exist when we let go. We feel that letting go is giving up, quitting, and that as we all know is cowardly. But as we grow older we are forced to change our way of thinking. We are forced to realize that letting go means accepting things that cannot be. It means maturing and moving on, no matter how hard you have to fight yourself to do so." - Unknown

No comments: