Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A lot to get ready for....

February is now upon us just like the large winter storm we had, which we are all shoveling out of today. I'm glad that the schools closed, because I wouldn't have sent mine anyway. I have a lot that is taking place in the next month, that I'm still trying to even come to terms that it will soon be here.
I've got three parties to plan and get everything ready for the hubby's departure to New Zealand, which is definitely going to be difficult. We've talked about it with the kids, so they do know that it is approaching - I'm just not sure how they will actually handle it when the day finally arrives. They don't like it when we talk about it, but I keep telling them that it will an adventure for daddy and that he will be home soon. The kids and I made him a book of pictures and drawings from the kids so he can take with him and we will communicate via Skype, so I imagine it won't be too bad.
The kids are doing well at school, the school principal stopped me one morning and mentioned that my sweet pea read to her the other day and she was so impressed with her reading skills. I'm so proud of her - we have been working at home and I recently purchased some basic reading books (the school calls them browsing books). The books are typically 5-6 pages with one sentence each and then includes "like" words to help them and I have to say since we picked some of those up the kids are indeed getting better.
My goal for my little man is to have him reading on his own by this summer, he is reading with help, so I think he will be able to reach it.
Well, I've reached my ending for now...I was trying to think of something else clever, but I keep getting interrupted, so that is my que for now.


"February, when the days of winter seem endless and no amount of wistful recollecting can bring back any air of summer." - Shirley Jackson

No comments: