Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lavender buds are a blooming

I was picking up some leaves and sticks in the yard and saw some new buds and the color coming back to my lavender plants. I'm definitely looking forward to the fresh smell of lavender and making the lavender sugar scrub and lavender cupcakes.
Yes, Spring is here...thank goodness Spring is here! Seeing all the new blossoms and rebirth of plants and trees is so awakening. I took the kids for a picnic and as we walked, we would try to see which plants had buds.
After we had our picnic, we came home and my sweet pea asked if she could have a "tea party" with us, so my little man, the dogs, and I huddled around her little table and it was just a wonderful moment.
I am so blessed! It is easy to caught up into everyday life and all the negative things going around that you forget all your blessings, especially with all the tragedies as the earthquakes, local shootings, and other media events, you have to be thankful for every moment you have. And with Spring in bloom, I'm going to restart the Random Acts of Kindness Campaign that I participated in last year...so tomorrow will be the start, not sure what I will do to kick it off, but I will think of something.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet

No comments: