Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Countdown is on....

So, we are officially counting the number of days left till my hubby returns. The kids are excited when I tell them the number, their smile turns into a huge grin of excitement and they talk about how they are going to make a whole bunch of signs.
I've definitely adjusted to his absence, but it doesn't lessen how much I miss him, which I do, there are times when I feel somewhat apathetic, but on the whole I can't wait for his return. The kids and I have been staying busy, which helps. I have no complaints, the kids are great, there is the occasional fighting and bickering, but overall I'm such a lucky mom. I've got two of the greatest kiddies ever! And I tell them all the time, how proud I am and how helpful they are since daddy is gone. We planted our herbs (they are indoors right now) and I think this week we'll grab some veggies and try to get a good head start on the seedlings that way when it's time to plant them outside we have plants vs seeds.
This weekend was super busy with play dates, speaking at a conference, travel to Iowa City to see family, and then more play dates. I was asked by the Transplant Coordinator by one of the hospitals to speak at a conference they had - I was the kickoff speaker to the event and I think I spoke for about five minutes and then they played the digital story I created during my MA program. I was a bit nervous and considering I didn't really know what I was going to say till the night before, I think I did well and didn't have my nose pressed to my notes. After, I spoke and they played the story, everyone clapped and some stood, a lot were crying and as I left, the transplant coordinator, just squeezed me. It was a neat experience and I was glad I did it, I'm honored they thought to ask me, especially when I feel like what I did wasn't anything that grand, there are stories like ours everywhere.
I'm hoping to hit the Omaha zoo with the kiddies before the hubby return as a special getaway treat, I just need to figure out when, so that will be next on our list.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - EB White

No comments: