Saturday, March 26, 2011

Growing Up.....

My wee man celebrated his 5th birthday! And I can't believe it, he is five, I know I've said it before that it just goes by so fast, but seriously where did my baby go? I think I have mentioned in a prior post that he was our "surprise" baby and I'm so thankful for that. I definitely have a mentality of things happen for a reason whether we grasp it then or later and although I definitely wasn't prepared or ready for a second, we made it work and have been blessed with such a funny and caring little boy.
I'm super proud of him! And I want to freeze these moments, we are celebrating his birthday this weekend and so he kept asking, is it my "real" birthday or is this a "celebration" birthday and when I would say it was his "real" birthday, he would then say, well when is the celebration? And when daddy called via skype to sing him happy birthday, he said, "daddy, you've made my day," I think both the hubby and I cried.
So, it was a "yes" day yesterday, we went to Chuckie E Cheese, we ate cake, we read books, and they stayed up past their bedtimes to we watch movies (they made it through one and then fell asleep through the second one). And as my little man ended his day and was desperately trying to stay awake, he squeezed my arm and said, "thank you mommy for the best day ever." And I said, "no, thank you," to which he looks at me and says, "what did I do?" And I said, "for blessing me with you."
So, happy birthday little man, you gave me such worries before you even came into this world and even though I still get on edge with your daring antics, you are growing into a wonderful little boy!

"The spirit is there in every boy; it has to be discovered and brought to light." R. Baden-Powell

No comments: