After the kids went to bed tonight and I finished folding the laundry, I decided to just rest, no work, spoiled myself with some television and just relaxed....and then it crept on me...the stillness in the house, no noise, except for Barney, the pug, snoring. The house just seems empty. As I've posted before, the hubby and I don't always make "us" a priority as it is easy to get caught up with everything else, that it is easy to pass up date nights or one-on-one time with each other than asking someone to watch the kids, so we just don't do it. And although I knew he would be gone for several weeks, I'm not sure I was quite ready for the emotions that have come with his absence. The last time we skyped, I started to break down, which I quickly tried to hide because I didn't want him to know that I was crying and tonight, I simply miss him. I miss hearing his voice, his crazy antics, and all of who he is.
I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't do well with a long distance relationship, but I know many people do. It gives you an appreciation for your relationship, especially coming from a military family and knowing my mom had to go sometimes six or nine months out of the year without my father or those who have partners currently overseas.
So I do think absence makes the heart grow fonder....at least for me...I'm looking forward to wrapping my arms around my hubby, showering him with kisses, and telling him how much I love him!
"And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." - K. Gibran
No comments:
Post a Comment