Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Spark Sets off Another....

So, I posted about the art piece that hubby worked on and I think it was the spark that set the fire.
For weeks, he was having trouble trying to come up with what to get as a "thank you" gift for his host families while he is in New Zealand. He wanted to get something "Iowa" themed, but he wanted something unique. So, we went to various places, but he couldn't find the right thing...we picked up some of the Bing candies because those are made in Sioux City, a couple Iowa State and Iowa stuff and then one night he showed me what he created.
I love it and told him he should create each family one, all different, but similar. He had to create eight and I think they turned out great.


So here is his Iowa art....


and here is a closer view


It won't be long till his trip and I'm going to miss him so very much, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I couldn't be more happier for him. I think it will also be good for us, the longest we've been apart is two weeks, so this is all new for us, but he's got his Skype account all set up. Hopefully, this time will go quickly for us.

"Observe everything. Communicate Well. Draw, Draw, Draw." - Frank Thomas, Disney Animator

No comments: