That is what I heard most of the day from my sweet pea...."can you believe it, I'm going to be SIX," she exclaimed! No, I can't believe it. I look at this little sassy individual and think, she isn't six, has it really been that long! And indeed, it has....I remember thinking when she was just a wee baby, that it would take so long for her walk, talk, school, etc...and now all of it has past or beginning.
We had her teacher conferences and her teacher said that she is reading above her grade level and really it has just been a few months that she learned to read and she is flowering. She loves to read and write letters. Her big personality sometimes clashes with me already, so I need to learn how to cope with this, everything has to have a reason and I know it is her wanting to know what is going on. We are all set and ready for her party, she is pretty excited, this is her first party where she has invited some school friends...we are having two small parties, one for her friends and then for family...it will help me. It is a cupcake theme, so we made cherry cupcakes and then I made a huge batch of almond buttercream frosting and the kids will get to decorate their own cupcake. I have tons of sprinkles and different toppings and I think it will be fun. My mom made little aprons for all the kids and then I picked up some small bags, glitter glue, and foam stickers at the Dollar Tree so they can also decorate their own treat bags.
Any who...it should be a good time.
Happy Birthday my sweet pea....I love you so very much!!! When I hear this song, I always think of my wee girl and those restless nights.
"A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future." ~Author Unknown
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Olivia!
Post a Comment