Saturday, March 5, 2011

A New Piece.....

When that creative fire flows, you have to create...last weekend the hubby had the urge to paint. So we went to the hardware store and he got some stuff to make a large canvas. He made one for each of the kids and then a large one for his piece.
The kids immediately got into the paint hands first of course and went at, my sweet pea's is not finished, but my little man is done. He was so proud of his painting and to be quite honest, I actually love it!
I love how he blended the colors and the way the final picture turned out. He hung it on his wall and I asked if I could have it for my room and he said, he will think about it.



And my hubby's turned out great as well, he calls it "Life" as soon as he was finished, I immediately knew what it meant and I love his piece. We hung it in our dinning room, he is not so sure about it, but I love it. I love the rich colors and when you get close you see hints of gold and silver. It has been a while since he has painted and I think he should do it more often, but I suppose with anything, when the urge hits, it hits.


“Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.” — Henry Ward Beecher

No comments: