So, I've posted this slide show on previous posts, but I felt it was appropriate for this purpose as well. New Zealand holds a special place in my heart, regardless of how long I've been in the states, I still call it "home."
Aotearoa
They say it was fished from the sea,
Aotearoa,
land of the long white cloud.
The deep seas are calling me,
the mountains are howling my name, to come.
Home.
The land of my ancestors,
the land of my mother,
the land where I am from.
Beautiful with grace, that steals your breath away
runs through my soul, my heart, my blood
engulfs me like a wave of wonder
Home.
Oh, how the sea calls me
Oh, how the mountains howl for me to come,
and I so far away
can hear it loudly
Because I am your lost child
In a world not my own
And my soul yearns to break free,
back to Aotearoa
fished from the sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment