Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Digging in the Dirt....

So, we took a risk and planted some of our plants late this afternoon...we've still been having some colder nights, but the forecast is suppose to be relatively nice. We are redesigning a portion of our front yard and so all our new plants are going there. We planted eight lavender plants and three hostas so far, I still have about 10 more plants to place in the ground, but considering we didn't start till after dinner, we were tuckered out.
We are also making wine bottle torches for the backyard and creating a wine bottle border in the front....I've put a request out for wine bottles...I estimated that I will need about 80 bottles for the ring around our tree and depending on how that looks we may extended it elsewhere. It will be time consuming because I will need to take the labels off the bottles and push each one into the ground without breaking, so it could get tricky, but I can't wait till we are all done with the front. We are also going to extend the little deck we have that is out front just by another five feet...so many landscaping projects this spring/summer, but I can't wait. I love digging in the dirt. I also can't wait to get our garden going, we have lots of lettuce, spinach, squash, peas, strawberries, and various herbs....I love this time of year!!!!!
Our community is having a plant exchange coming up, so I need to get some plants that we have dug up and put in some containers to exchange with others....such a great way to diversify your landscaping.

"You can bury a lot of troubles by digging in the dirt" - Unknown

No comments: