Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chicago in Spring

My friend invited me on a girls weekend getaway to Chicago to help celebrate her birthday. I was hesitant in going, not because it wasn't going to be fun, but it seems like there is so much to do at home and the simple fact that I would miss my little ones. Then I thought, my hubby has just gotten back from spending 30 days in New Zealand while I took care of things at home and the kids, why not and so I packed a weekend bag and off to Chicago I went.
We stayed right in the midst of downtown on Michigan Avenue and the weather was great. We relaxed in the hotel, ate good food, and then strolled to downtown shops and walked to Navy Pier. And I have to admit, Chicago was blooming, the city was beautiful. I can't wait to return.
The first thing I noticed was gas prices, it is already over $4.60 there, which is about a dollar more than here....it is shocking, however, the strange thing is that the media is not reporting anything on how high gas prices are shooting up, but I suppose when you are in a city such as Chicago, you don't need a car.
It was nice to get away even for a brief time, but like always it is nice to return home....even if the house was not as clean as I had left it.

"I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun." - Katherine Hepburn

No comments: