I didn't grow up dreaming of my wedding day, nor did I believe in true love or that somewhere out there one man was out there for me, I mean come on, it's a big world and considering I had moved several times to different states, I never knew where I was going to settle and all I can say is Iowa wasn't in my plans. Yet, fate if you believe in such things, had different plans......
It amazes me how one person can significantly change the course of your life. There is a quote that I love by Javan that goes something like,"it is not about finding the right person as it is finding them at the right time" and I find that to be ever so true.
I think had he and I met any earlier or later in our lives, things wouldn't have turned out as they did, neither one of us were prepared for the other, let alone a relationship, but somehow and in some way our paths crossed and we were never the same. I told him early on, I had big plans, I was going to move out of Iowa and he told me the same, that he was planning on leaving once his lease was up and he did leave when his lease was up, but closer to me ;) and I graduated from college and moved....in with him.
I was in awe of him, he made me nervous and I think it is because he did something no other could do, he challenged me to my core and tore down my wall. And I am ever so glad he did.
I look at pictures when we first met and when we got married and then I glance over at my man now and I still get the butterflies in my stomach, my heart flutters with his touch and I love him more than he really knows.
He knows me all to well, accepts all of me, encourages me, occasionally makes me mad as I'm sure I make him mad as well, and can get me laughing so hard it hurts. And what is so amazing about love, is that even though it is what first initially brings people together, through the years it grows into something deeper and changes. For me, I think it is what the changes bring that makes me fall in love with him all over, like seeing him with our kids or seeing him cry for the first time. It is in those moments when someone shares pieces of their soul that captures your heart.
My sweet-pea asked about how did I know that "daddy" was my husband and I said, I just did. She didn't understand, but perhaps one day she will.
For my kids, if and when they are old enough and ready for that commitment my only hope is that they have someone if their life that will: be kind, patient even when you are ready to scream, is able to laugh, be silly with you, is strong, confident, not afraid to show emotions, full of passion and someone who is willing to share their life, and someone who doesn't give up, understanding, and loving, believes in happy endings. I have found that and more.
And I don't know what our future holds, but I know that it isn't just about love as it is about how he makes me be a better person and so our story continues......Happy Anniversary my love!
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." Judy Garland
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ~Author Unknown
"Whether it was chance or that thing called fate that brought me to you, I really can't say, and I don't believe it really matters. For I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to hold you, not just in my arms, but also in my heart. And should the winds of time blow hard enough to take you from my arms, you can rest assured they will never take you from my heart." - Javan
No comments:
Post a Comment