I woke a little early today, took the dogs out and drank a cup of tea in the backyard. As I was sitting there, I could see the sun rising, it was a bit cloudy, but the sun was bursting through some of the clouds and it was still quite remarkable to watch. I put my feet in the grass still fresh with morning dew and enjoyed the stillness of the moment that with each rising of the sun, brings the promise of a new day, new beginning, a new journey.
And so I said a quiet blessing reflecting that today marks two years since I donated my kidney to my mom and considering how things got started after the surgery, two years is grand! So Happy Kidney day to my mother, I'm blessed to have her here!
We easily get caught up in wishing minutes or hours would pass so we can get through another day, yet infrequently stop to realize what we are wishing away and then when it's gone do we regret what we've lost. We are all guilty of this and sometimes it is hard to break the pattern, but take the time to stop and enjoy what's been presented to you today, even though there is tomorrow, there is no guarantee.
"My mother gave me life and never once asked for anything in return. That is her secret you know, always giving without expectations. She helps me find my way through the years and makes me laugh while doing it - there are some things that only a mother can do"
"Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires." ~Charles Caleb Colton
No comments:
Post a Comment