Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Let the New Year Begin.....

2013 has come in with a mild bang accompanied by the humming sound of my husband's drill. On Sunday, he got the urge for a house project and decided to tackle the counter tops, which I will admit needed work. When I entered the kitchen, I was not prepared for what I saw.....we had a tile backsplash that he removed, because the tile won't go with the new counter tops and neither will our white cabinets.....this is what I saw.....


I have been married to this guy long enough to know that I should have known this was going to be more of a "kitchen" project than just counter tops and I know that once he is done, it will look 100 times better. So last night, we spent NYE's getting the new counter tops in....


He got all the counters mounted last night and we just need to cut the hole for the sink, update the cabinets and get new tile, but it is coming along and it definitely looks a lot better already.  As I am blogging this, I can hear him in the kitchen taping off the template for the sink, so I know any moment there is going to be drilling noises.

So, ringing in our new year involved some minor renovating, which I find fitting, out with the old and in with the new, both literally and figuratively speaking.
2012 was filled with sporadic personal struggles that left me feeling overall pretty angry at others and at myself and if you read my blog, you know this this struggle. And really, those moments were few and far between, but it doesn't ease the hurt or exhaustion. It leaves a bad memory, but what can you do except hold on to it or move on and hopefully learn from these moments of growth and opportunity.
I know that 2013 is going to be a year filled with change, fun, laughter, and happiness and most importantly sharing these moments with the people I love. I also know that most likely I will make mistakes just as I have done in the past, but I can either let the mistakes make me angry, bitter and resentful or I can learn from them because making mistakes means you are trying and learning, changing yourself and opening yourself. So I'm going to keep making mistakes with the hope that I learn and grow and not worry about whether it is good enough or not, because ultimately if I am happy and if my family are happy, then that is all that matters.
My plan is to live and enjoy my life, which includes blogging about anything and everything that I choose to share. To anyone who reads my blog and finds it "disgusting," because I share my life, my experiences, my struggles....all I have to say is don't read it, plain and simple.
So, bring on the new year!!!

I hope 2013 is filled with much happiness and peace for all of you!!!! Cheers!

“For last year's words belong to last year's language And next year's words await another voice.” T.S. Eliot

No comments: