Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Almost Tooth Fairy Fail.......

My little man recently lost his fourth tooth this weekend, so of course we knew there would be a visit from the tooth fairy.
It wasn't until early this morning a little before six when he walks into our room and says, "she didn't come, the tooth fairy, she didn't come" that instantly my eyes opened and my heart dropped........I completely forgot and went into panic mode.

What do we say, what do we do.....I thought do we tell him the truth, argh, how could I forget!!!!

So I asked what time it was and both my kids say 6:00 am and I look out the window and clearly the sun has not risen, so I say...well perhaps the tooth fairy is still in the house...what made you get up? He told me that his sister woke him up to check and so I said, what....well maybe the tooth fairy was in the middle of grabbing your tooth and then sweet pea walked in, scaring the tooth fairy, maybe she is still in the house?
We put the tooth under the pillow again and I took the doggies out since they were barking. 
I told the kids to climb into our bed and we would just quietly talk and see what happens. The tooth fairy had till sunrise.....
Once the morning light started to hit, the kids quickly walked into his room to see if the tooth fairy had come and soon we heard it, "she did come, she did...the money was on the floor and my tooth is gone!" You were right, the tooth fairy must have been still in the room.

And all I could think of was "phew" that was a close one! 


In this pocket you will find
A teensy, tiny tooth of mine.
So while I sleep where dreams are made,
Let's see if you can make a trade.

~Author Unknown

No comments: