Saturday, February 2, 2013

I can't wait to eat poop......unicorn of course

So, I saw a website that sold Unicorn Poop cookies.....yup, unicorn poop and so immediately I did a search for recipes and found one at Making Memories and thought, sounds easy enough, right?

I went to the store bought all the ingredients I needed, however, I could not find the disco dust...not sure if I need to get that at a specialty store or not, but I got everything else. I did not use the recipe in the blog for the cookies, I used a sugar cookie recipe that I have, so if you are keen in trying to make these, I would suggest either using the Making Memories' recipe or use your own sugar cookie recipe.


 I divided the dough into four bowls and then used food coloring to color the dough....next was rolling them into snakes. Let me just say that as easy as that looks, my snakes kept breaking or were uneven, so I'm not the best at rolling snakes, but this is suppose to look like poop, so I didn't care to much. Just do your best!



Then toss them in the oven, my sugar cookie recipe cooks for 10 minutes, the one in the blog is 8 minutes, again, whatever sugar cookie dough you are using, following the baking time accordingly.
Then as they are out, put in the pearl balls and goodies - I've never used pearl balls before and they went everywhere....I'm use I will be finding those little suckers in my kitchen over the next few days

Decorate with the sparkle gel or make an icing glaze like I did with powdered sugar, food coloring, a tablespoon of water and drizzle over the cookies. The kids thought these were great and all I heard was, "I can't wait to eat poop!"


No comments: