Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Birthday on the Brac

The hubs and I just returned from a wonderful vacation....we went to Cayman Brac with another couple and it was simply a great vacation. Good laughs, great food, and great memories! We met another great couple from Canada while we were there and sometimes the best moments are conversing with "strangers" and sharing life experiences and connecting. It was a great trip and one that helped put a lot of things in perspective.

Cayman Brac is a small island off of Grand Cayman due South of Miami and Cuba - the people were friendly, the island secluded, and the rum punch tasty. I also got to celebrate my 34th birthday while on the island (who could ask for anything better), the only thing missing were my little ones, but it was a good time to reconnect with my hubby.




I started off "34" snorkeling in the ocean....which I will admit I was scared and did have a panic attack when I first got into the ocean and wanted to get out, but I knew it was a panic attack and continually tried calming my mind and trying to relax my breathing until I finally put my head underwater and pushed off with my fins. Before I knew it it, I was looking at all this wonderful sea life and was out in the ocean, we ended up snorkeling quite a bit and who knows I just may become a diver by 35th birthday or at least I'm going to continuing with the snorkeling ;)

As I was thinking about everything while relaxing, I realized that the older I get, the more comfortable I finally am in my own skin. I'm not a young, skinny girl with a flat tummy and perky (you know what)....I have stretch aka "respect" marks from bearing two babies and thank goodness for the push-up bra, and I'm not concerned about my weight. I'm happy, I'm healthy, and there is nothing more I could ask for....life is good. I'm actually looking forward to turning "35" as I've got some plans in store, but I won't share the details....you'll have to wait for that....

“Growing into your future with health and grace and beauty doesn’t have to take all your time. It rather requires a dedication to caring for yourself as if you were rare and precious, which you are, and regarding all life around you as equally so, which it is." - Victoria Moran

No comments: