Monday, February 4, 2013

What is Montessori.....

So, I came across the Montessori Elevator Speech Contest on the Montessori Madmen blog and decided to make a video and submitted it tonight. I'm not hoping to win because you have to be present at the conference in order to win and that is not going to happen, but anytime I can promote Montessori, I will.....here is our video (thanks to my little ones for their help and ideas)......




I also learned that our public Montessori school may be getting a legislative visit, which is pretty exciting! I secretly hold out hope that by the time my little ones enter high school, we will have a public Montessori high school....there is always hope!
And I don't think all schools should switch to the Montessori method, but I definitely think there needs to be more options than what is currently available for parents and students. We all learn differently and the currently schooling methods were developed during the industrial age, so I think it is time we look at schools that have high enrollment numbers, waiting lists and see what our public schools can learn from those "choice" schools.

No comments: