Sunday, August 22, 2010

2922 days

is the number of days the hubs and I have been married or eight years. Eight crazy and wonderful years. Years one, two, and three were easy, four and five were somewhat trying as we were new parents and beginning to balance life as parents as well as each other. Six, seven, and eight have been good. Of course, we have bumps along the way, but every time I picture my life, it always includes my love.
What an adventure life has been with him by my side - he completes me in many ways. My sweet pea asked if I would be wearing my wedding dress tomorrow to celebrate, I told her no and she said, "well wouldn't it be fun to put it on and then bubba and me can be there." I had to laugh and told her perhaps I'll slip it on for her.

I definitely wish I could recreate that moment, our wedding was filled with so much fun, laughter, love and wonderful friends and family. I wouldn't say it was fancy, it wasn't filled with excess, it was simple with our personal touch from the very beginning to the very end. We've said we will do some big party for Year 10 - so two years to save and plan.

I asked the hubbers would he do it over again to which he said of course and in a heartbeat...several minutes later I asked, "are you going to ask me?" He laughed and said, "I know what you'll say...hellll noooo." I reassured him that wouldn't be the case....I'd do it all over again too, no changes. I love our life, what we've accomplished together, our family and what we've yet to do.

However, I'm waiting for him to honor some of those promises he made...not the "to honor, to love, to cherish," but our early retirement, sitting on a sandy beach drinking vino and watching our children grow, but I suppose we've got the rest of our life.

Happy "I'd do it all over again" Day!!!! I love you endlessly