My husband learned yesterday that he was chosen to become a part of a young professionals group study exchange to travel to New Zealand for 30 days to study and observe his profession (environmental science) in New Zealand, he will learn and share best practices, network with other professionals in the same field. The program is sponsored by the Rotary Foundation and he had to obtain local sponsorship and then was interviewed by a 10 person panel.
I'm so proud of him! I will miss him greatly and have no idea how I will manage with two little ones while he is away. I think the longest we've been apart is two weeks, so this will be entirely new for us, but it was an opportunity he couldn't pass up. I think it will definitely give him an idea as to whether or not he likes living in New Zealand because he will be there for a month. We will communicate via Skype and if there happens to be any great deals on flights, who knows maybe the kids and I will surprise him, but he will be busy the entire time, so even though the trip is sponsored, it is not a vacation.
I'm a firm believer that if something is meant to be, doors will open and I knew the moment I saw the posting for this opportunity that he would get it. I don't know how I knew, but I did and I had second thoughts about showing him because (selfishly he is returning to my home country without me and he is going for 30 days), but I knew better. And alas the door opened. After he got the call and told me, I happened to pull out the change in my pocket and I have no idea how it got in my pocket, but mixed with the change were two New Zealand coins....if that isn't a sign that good things will come of this, I don't know what is! Congrats my love! I'm so super proud of you, ROCK STAR!!!!
“Life's up and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals - Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want" - M. Sinetar
1 comment:
that's awesome!! I of coursed didn't apply as I wasn't sure how SIP would function since I don't have anyone else to cover me... Oh I'm so jealous too!
Post a Comment