Update 9/10/2010: We have read 10 books thus far, so we have 90 books left....last night I read "Someday" by alison mcghee and peter reynolds and I swear everytime I read that book I cry. It's such a sweet and touching story...it is a definite "must" addition to any child's book collection. "Someday you will call a song to the wind, and the wind will carry your song away...." it's simply a lovely book.
We were getting ready for bed the other night and as I was laying with the kids, they were talking about when we read at bedtime and they typically get two books each, so four books at bedtime. My little man says, "you know momma let's read 100 books" and then my sweet pea added, "in 100 days." So I said, "let's do it!"
The kids giggled and thought I was being silly and I told them we will make it a challenge and see if we can read 100 books in less than 100 days (we are only counting bedtime stories). I think it will be a great family challenge and we will make a list of the stories we read....will we reach 100 books in 100 days? The kids were super excited that they came up with the idea.
Daddy said that he was so impressed with their idea that if we finish the challenge he will take them to the bookstore and they can pick out five new books....and considering that the kids love books....I think this will be an easy challenge, but who knows. The kids were worried at one point and my little man says, "but mommy tomorrow is Movie Night Friday, we won't get to read a book..." and I said, "well we can add a book before we start the movie." They both liked that and I was just happy that they want to add reading to movie night. My kids enjoy books and reading time, but anytime I can get more in or make it seem more exciting, is an added bonus.
I enjoyed reading as a child and have numerous favorites and when I get the time I still love picking up a book and getting lost.
So, if interested here was what we read tonight.....
Day 1: "Rainbow Fairies" by Charles Reasoner and "Lilo & Stitch: Doggone It, Stitch" from Disney's Bedtime Favorites (2 down and 98 books to go)
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." - Dr. Seuss
No comments:
Post a Comment