Saturday, September 18, 2010

Who says candy doesn't grow on trees.....

I found some cute halloween decor ideas in a magazine at my mum's house. We made one of them today...it is our Candy Corn Tree.
What you need: candy corn (of course), a few tree branches, a vase and a glue gun

It was pretty easy to assemble, just put your branches (take leaves off) in your vase and arrange. Then pour the candy corn in the vase. Take the glue gun, put a small amount on a piece of candy corn and stick to various limbs on the branch. My mum had bought the kids some halloween sun catchers that they painted, so we added those to hang on the tree. They enjoyed helping and eating the candy corn.

Pretty easy, just be careful with the glue gun - it is hot and sometimes messy.


We haven't made the second project yet, but it is a candy corn wreath - I loved the picture we saw and I'm thinking that will be our project next weekend.
We'll see how long that candy corn lasts in the vase....I told the kiddies that they couldn't eat it, but we all know how that is.....

"Well, that's nothing compared to the fury of a woman who has been cheated out of trick-or-treats." - Linus from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

No comments: