Thursday, September 2, 2010

It can't be Fall yet....can it.....

Our windows are open and there is that distinct smell in the air....you know the one you can breathe in, feel it and just know.....Fall is near. It seems too soon really and I'm not quite ready - do I feel this way only because the summer seemed to slip away before my eyes?
We were at the farmer's market and as we were walking my sweet pea stopped suddenly and grabbed before her toes a red leaf. She held it high up in the air and said you know what this means....the leaves are falling, so it's fall....HALLOWEEN!!!!
Yes, indeed the leaves are changing, but I can't shake the feeling that it just seems to soon - I wouldn't mind the cooler weather, but I don't want winter to come...I'm not at all ready for winter. So, Fall, if you could please stay with us and linger here with warmer days and cooler nights, I would so appreciate it, you did seem to kick our a** this past winter, so you kind of owe it to us...don't you think....
Fall is my favorite season and you just may find me....
sweeping the acorns and gathering acorns
taking nature walks to look at the changing leaves
wearing sweaters with shorts
roasting marshmallows
getting out my Halloween decor
melting old crayons
making piles of leaves
drinking hot tea (well that I do in any season)
drinking hot cocoa or hot apple cider
making/eating chili
playing

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." - John Muir

No comments: