Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Pledge....

My little man came home from morning PreK and explained how this morning they didn't say the pledge of allegiance. I asked why and he said his teacher was out sick and the new teacher didn't know, but he went on to say that saying the pledge is his favorite part of the morning. And so I ask him...do you know the pledge?
And he places his hand over his heart and begins to say the pledge of allegiance....I was quite impressed he knew it all (perhaps I do have a little politician on my hands...he has all the presidents memorized, his favorite is Abe Lincoln, and now he tells me his favorite part of the day is reciting the pledge...hmmmm).
He makes my heart melt sometimes that little boy of mine...and today he was circling books that he wanted from the Scholastic book orders and as I was watching him, I thought where did the time go?
Again, it was a moment I wanted to pause, I just listened intently to him talk about how his classroom has this book, but we didn't and that it was a really great book that he wanted to add to our collection. Then he talked about the book he "checked out" from the library and I said we have this book and he said, "I know, I just like it that much."
And it's at those times when I realize that my life can be hectic, crazy, a raving madhouse at times, but in the end it means nothing because I have two of the best kids ever and one hell of a husband.

"love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it” - Maya Angelou

No comments: