Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And the rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down...

This year has been recorded as the wettest year and I would believe it. Thankfully, we are not experience sewage backup like we did in 2008, but I'm willing to guess that the new pipes the city installed have something to do with it. I'm pretty sure if they hadn't we would be experiencing something similar to 2008. We did get some ground water in our back bedroom of the basement, but I'll take that over sewage any day.


The creek went out of its banks and flooded the park by our house. It got hit pretty hard - I didn't see it at it's worst, but I did manage to get some photos. Other places had more water than we did and thankfully we've had at least two days of no rain (knock on wood).




Here are some photos of the park...





The picture below is the creek....


"And the rain rain rain came down down down. And the flood rose up up upper. Pooh, too, was caught and so he thought,"I must rescue my supper!" - Winnie the Pooh

No comments: