Thursday, August 23, 2012

A lot for August.....

So, we had a lot of things going on in August....the ever fun drama, three year kidney day, the kids returning to school, and today celebrating our 10 year anniversary, Yeah to 10 years of adventures!!! I say "adventure" because by definition adventure means 1. an exciting or very unusual experience, 2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises, and 3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome. And when I think of what has transpired over these 10 years, all of those come to mind. We were planning a big celebration, but between him traveling and schedules of things going on, we just didn't have the time to squeeze one in, but perhaps another time.



It really doesn't seem like 10 years at all, which I suppose is a good thing. And I think back and realize how much has changed, how I am more in love with him than I ever was when we first met. Throughout the years, we've changed, individually and both as a couple. He has changed me for the better, he challenges me and I may not have been  his first love, but I am certainly glad that I am his last love.

It amazes what we have in the 10 short years we've been married that I look forward to spending the next 40 or 50 years with him and seeing what we accomplish! It is hard sharing your life with someone and constantly compromising, but it is also the most rewarding thing ever. And I am forever grateful that I get to share my life with his.



“The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life." - Hugh Walpole, Sr.

No comments: