Friday, July 26, 2013

Late night chats and laughs......

 My wonderful cousin is visiting from Aotearoa and it has been great having him here. We've spent several nights sitting on the porch talking till the wee hours of the morning. Sharing our thoughts, laughing, talking about our dreams, hopes, and fears.
We've shown him around the city, enjoyed a "flash mob" during RAGBRAI, picked out shirts from RAYGUN, and even hit some bars/clubs (although I must admit I'm not as young as I once was and it definitely catches up) and I must not forget the karaoke bar.
It will be sad to see him go because he is more like an older brother and always has been, but perhaps one day fate will lead him here to stay for longer than visit. His visit has reminded me how beautiful this city is - sometimes we forget what we have in our reach and his stories of how our beloved city, Christchurch, has changed since the earthquake and what was once was is no longer there.
Ideally, I would love to be able to travel back and forth between here and Aotearoa and perhaps one day in the future that will happen, but for now I will enjoy the time I have with my cousin.



"When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them." - Unknown


No comments: