Thursday, July 4, 2013

"When the rain washes you clean, you'll know"

Sometimes there are words in a song that hit you - that resonate deeply within and for me, it was listening to Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nick. And one of my dreams came true just a few days ago.....I got to go see Fleetwood Mac with Stevie Nicks in concert! I was so excited and it was hard to keep my excitement contained, especially when Stevie came out. I screamed, I hooted and hollered and was ecstatic.
I have not only loved Fleetwood Mac since the first time I heard them, but I love, love, love Stevie Nicks! I would sneak my dad's Stevie Nicks cassette tape and go into my room and dance, sway, and lip sync to her songs. Her voice matched her style - mystical that drew you in to a world of mystery. I wanted to be like her, in her voice, her style, but alas - I can't sing (but it doesn't stop me from trying) and I don't think I can pull her look off as well as her.  
It was after listening to some songs of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks when I started experimenting with poetry. It was through her expression of vulnerability in her songs and yet power in her voice that inspired me to express my emotions through words. I was hooked and have ever since been a fan.....my parents got me tickets as a birthday gift and it was the best. I hope my parents know how much I appreciated that birthday gift!!!!!

"When you grow up as a girl, the world tells you the things that you are supposed to be: emotional, loving, beautiful, wanted. And then when you are those things, the world tells you they are inferior: illogical, weak, vain, empty.”- Stevie Nicks

“And the moon never beams
Without bringing me dreams
And the sun never shines
But I see the bright eyes
I lie down by the side
Of my darling
My life, my life..”
- Stevie Nicks



No comments: