Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting Ready

Okay...so today I am getting a little nervous, I think it finally has sunk in. The kids were getting their bags packed so they could stay with Grandma and Grandpa and I told my sweet pea to remember to say her prayers tonight and to include me and nana in her bedtime prayer.
She looked at me and said, "I love you so incredibly much momma and I'm glad you are making nanny healthy." It got me weeping and then she said, "Mommy don't cry, I'm only staying one night."
My little man just cuddled me - he is the sweetest and gives the best hugs ever. So I know that it will all work out and we will be fine, but there is that underlying uncertainity of it all and at that point I have to entrust that the higher spirits will bless us tomorrow. I have a feeling that it will be a long night tonight. The surgery will begin at 7:30 am and my surgery takes about 4 hours - I believe my moms will start about two hours into my surgery and think lasts about the same.
So, if you read this before tomorrow, please keep up in your thoughts.

"Faith is self-affirming. If we maintain faith, then we have its reward. If we become better people, then our faith has results. It is we who create faith, and it is through our efforts that faith is validated." - 365 Days of Tao

1 comment:

The Woody Family said...

we will be praying for you and your Mom tomorrow Dena.