Sunday, October 24, 2010

Book Challenge Update....

Well we have hit day 60 and we have been in super charge mode and are up to 75 books...so 25 books left in 40 days....I think we can do it!!!! The kids were so excited to hear what we hit and I told them that as long as we hit that challenge, we will have a "shopping" spree (up to two books) to the bookstore.
I've order some books already for Christmas and have a couple more that I want to order via the kid's scholastic book order, but these are books that I pretty much pick out that I want the kids to learn, such as I'm ordering a Hanukkah book, a book about the meaning of "Christmas," and then there is a book about what's in my body and I also am ordering "The Story of Ferdinand" I loved that story growing up.
So when we go to the bookstore, they get to pick out any book, which I'm sure one will be on superheros and the other on princesses....oh the life of a child!
Once we are done, I'll take a photo of all the books we've read to get a visual...so far it's been hard seeing all these books laying around.

"He liked to sit just quietly and smell the flowers.” from Ferdinand the Bull

1 comment:

Gemma said...

I am also a big believer in promoting reading in early education. I spent my entire childhood in the library and want my kids to focus on reading as well!

Good work! Keep it up.