Friday, October 22, 2010

A Wasted Vote.....

I think not....the elections are drawing near and so you see all the negative ads and why the Democrats are better or why the Republicans are better, but neither is really addressing the issues or taking responsibility for their outcomes, especially if it is an unfavorable one.
You hear excuses like, "well I could have done it better had (insert political party) not stomped it" or "don't let (insert political party) in because they will destroy everything we've built, etc...etc...
I'm tired of hearing it, I'm tired of seeing it, I'm tired of it all. I hate discussing politics or religion with most people because what I have found is that it is usually the people who say they are "liberal" or "atheist" that will be the first to tune you out at the first signs of disagreement. I'm quiet and I don't make a lot of noise with my views, unless specifically asked, but I've observed this first hand and on more than one occasion. I'm neither Republic and I'm neither Democrat and therefore I stand behind those I believe will run the county, state, or federal government the best way while upholding the Constitution.
I'm open to listening to different views, hell, when different religious groups come knocking on our door, we don't slam the door. I listen to what people have to say because you never know when that will lead to something different or open your eyes and for that matter, change someone else because of the courtesy you have shown them by listening and they listening to you.
My ballot will cross party lines based on who I believe is going to do the best job based on what I've seen, read, and heard from sources other than mainstream media. I will be supporting Johnathon Narcisse for Governor because what he stands for aligns more closely to what I would like to see in this state. Will he win? Of course not, but I hope that he will get enough votes to shake things up and to get the attention that the people are tired of the same bucket of crap. Change starts at the bottom up and if the people don't demand change, then nothing will change. Is it so shocking that he wants to empower parents with regards to education choices or that it's blasphemy that welfare recipients should work (via community service or other) and get drug tested!!
So, I'm going to step outside of the box and vote for who I want, not who the lesser of the two evils are....

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

"THE THOUGHT--To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony." - William Henry Channing

No comments: