Friday, October 8, 2010

Sorrowful News....

Well we were spending the evening downtown at the World Food Festival with our friends and as we were leaving, I checked my voicemail only to hear some sorrowful news. My Great Aunt had passed away, she had been in the hospital and she had died when they were doing a stint.
She was a strong woman, one who wasn't afraid to voice her opinion, she told it like it was and that is what I liked most about her.
I'm thankful that her and her husband spent Christmas dinner with us. And I will cherish the many memories I have, I still have the book she had bought me when I was 15. We were on one of our summer visits here and I was talking about how much I love various authors and then the next day she brought over "The Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan. She said she had just read it and thought it was a good book, one I would enjoy and I did. I ended up becoming a fan of Amy Tan and read lots of her books since that time.
So thank you for all the great moments, you will be greatly missed!!!! Family gatherings will not be the same without your presence. Love you!

"You can shed tears that she is gone, or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on."
- David Harkins

No comments: