Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 47 of Book Challenge

Update 10/18/10: Day 53 and we are now on 58 books....not much more to go!!!!

I thought I would update our book challenge....we haven't been good about keeping track on a board, but I have been keeping track myself.
We are on day 47 and we have read as of tonight 41 books....so we have 53 days left to read 59 books....I think we can do it especially if we read four books like we did tonight. My wee man checked out a book from the school library a book we really enjoyed, the message is great and I think I will put this on our wish list of books. The title is "Cat, you better come home" by Garrison Keillor, it was such a fun book and the illustrations are great....my favorite line from the book is "If other cats could only know to hang their hats on the status quo, and make the best of what they've got, And to be who you are and not what you're not." I think it's a subtle, but important message to children.
We also read "Colors, the rainbow of the natural world," "The Great Toy Escape" by Disney, and another recent favorite, "SkippyjonJones," by Judy Schachner. The kids really enjoy SkippyjonJones and it's such a fun book.
What are some of your favorite children's books?

"Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him." - Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Gemma said...

I absolutely LOVE The Faraway Series by Enid Blyton. As an early education educator I constantly strive to intrigue my children ... and I find that it works best when I give them a book I loved as child! =)