My parents celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary today! Congrats to them - wow - it seems like such a long time and it is!
My parents are an example of two people who despite having challenges, disagreements, fights and all that comes with marrying a man in the military; they have learned to work through those to build a relationship that can survive those hard times. The have fostered a relationship of love, compromise, laughter, and happiness.
I've seen the fights, but I've also seen the love and it's those that I take away from -that makes me want a relationship that can stand up to life's challenges and know that I won't walk away alone, but rather I'll walk away with my partner hand in hand.
So, I work hard at being a wife and proud to say that...too often I see other woman treat strangers better than they treat their own spouse (and it goes both ways men) and that is sad. I try to tell my husband that I love him everyday, I put him up on a pedestal to let him know how much I appreciate him. So what do I get in return, someone who loves me and tells me so everyday.
Now, granted neither of us is perfect and we all make mistakes and we have problems like any other couple, but what we have learned and try to do is to work together. Marriage is compromise and when there is no balance and one is constantly taking, it puts strain on the relationship.
So, will I be one to celebrate 33 years of marriage with my hubby? Well, I hope so, but I like to focus on the present and we are together today and that is all that matters!
Happy Anniversary MUM and DAD!!!! Love you much!!!! Here's to all those who've found their "one"
“I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone." - Javan
No comments:
Post a Comment